When using an external monitor, it is important that it is not installed as the main screen. This is because the Prowise ProLine+ automatically shuts down if no signal from the internal PC module is received.
Make sure to install the settings as follows:
- In Windows, press the Windows button + P and select expand or duplicate. If you select duplicate, the screen will be projected on both the main screen and the external monitor. If you select expand, the desktop screen expands onto the external monitor.
- Check the Windows energy settings. These can be best set as follows:
- Screen - Shut down. In case a specific time is set here, it means that after that time the Prowise Touchscreen will shut down automatically.
- Standby - Switch on the standby mode: Set to 'Never'.
In case a specific time is set here, it means that after that time the PC will go into standby mode automatically. Quick start should be disabled
- Deactivate the Eco mode in the Prowise Central menu.
In case the Eco mode is activated and you are working from the external screen, it is possible that the main screen shuts down.
- If you do not want anyone to be able to see the Prowise Touchscreen main screen. Enable the Freeze or Blank Screen mode while using the external monitor.