Once a Chromebook has been deregistered or replaced for repairs it will need to be registered in the Google domain once again. This article explains how to register your Chromebook.
To be able to do so, the user needs to be authorised.
In case the Chromebook was once registered to a different account, it needs to be Powerwashed first:
- Log out on the Chromebook or start it up. The log-in screen appears.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select 'Restart'.
- In the next window, select 'Powerwash' and then 'Continue'.
You can now register the Chromebook as follows:
- Switch on the Chrome device and follow the steps on the screen until you get to the log-in screen. Do not log in. If the registration screen appears instead of the log-in screen, continue to step 4.
- If you are registering a Chromebook tablet, select email or phone. Then press 'More' and then 'Switch to full layout to open the screen keyboard'.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+E.
- Enter the user name and password from the welcome letter for Google administrators or the user name and password from a Google account authorised to register devices.
- Enter the item ID and the location once requested and click on 'Next'.
- Once you receive the confirmation that the device has been registered, you can click on 'Done'.