Connecting two Touchscreens to a PC module? This is possible, but we want to emphasise that we advise to use one PC module per touchscreen, so the performance and the usability of the touchscreen is optimal. In case you still want to use two touchscreens and one PC module, you can carry out the following steps.
Make sure you have a good HDMI cable and USB touch cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the PC module and the HDMI 1 port of the second screen.
- Connect the USB cable to the PC module and the touch port of the second screen.
- The desktop extension option is always enabled in Windows. If not, you can do so by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting 'Screen settings'.
- If the settings are right for the screen, type the word 'Control panel' in the search bar next to the Windows menu in the bottom-left corner and select the programme that appears.
- Go to 'Hardware' and 'Sound'.
- Go to 'Settings' on your tablet PC.
- In the menu that appears select 'Set' and in the next menu click on 'Touch input'. You are now requested to touch the screens that have touch features. It is important to touch the first screen and then press 'Enter'. Then touch the second screen and press 'Enter'. Touch the screen and press 'Enter'.
The touchscreens are now ready for use. Please keep in mind the following:
- If you chose for a desktop extension:
- You can now drag a window from one screen to another. Make sure that the resolution on both screens is set the same.
- When playing videos, please keep into account the refresh rate of the second screen - this is 30Hz (for the screen to which the PC module is connected this is 60Hz).
- The sound will be played from the second screen automatically.
- You can use the touch feature on one screen at a time.