Under 'General Settings' you will find general settings that can be adjusted.
- Maximum Volume: limits the maximum volume on a touchscreen. The audio cannot be turned up more than the specified maximum by a user.
- Fixed audio volume: this sets a fixed audio volume. The user cannot increase or decrease the audio themself.
- Brightness: sets the brightness of the touchscreen by default. The user cannot adjust the brightness themself.
- Contrast: sets the contrast ratio of the touchscreen as the default. The user cannot then adjust the contrast themself.
Under 'System Updates' you can set whether the touchscreen automatically looks for and installs updates when it is shut down.
- Control and install updates when shutting down: if this setting is activated, the screen will automatically search for and install new updates when the screen is shut down. The user then does not need to install any updates on the touchscreen.
Under 'Security Settings' you will find settings related to the even more secure use of the touchscreens.
- Security code: secures the settings menu on the touchscreen with a PIN code. The user then needs this PIN code to access the menu.
- Central USB storage: with this you can switch the option of saving and opening data from a USB stick in Prowise Central on or off.
- Internal microphones: this allows you to turn off the internal microphones of the touchscreen. The user will not be able to use it on the touchscreen.
- Delete user data apps during start-up: this deletes all saved usage data after starting up, such as app data like browser history and ProNote files.
Under 'Theme' you can set a standard background image for Prowise Central.
- Select background: this allows you to set a default background image for Prowise Central on the touchscreen. The user cannot then modify it themself. You can choose from backgrounds that Prowise has prepared for you or use your own image.
Under 'Connectivity Settings' you can manage NFC and DESfire settings.
- NFC: with this you can enable and disable NFC for touchscreens. If NFC is disabled, users cannot use it.
- DESfire: these settings allow you to the NFC cards with the DesFire Security Protocol.
Under 'Screencasting' you can manage and set up all screencast protocols. You can disable the option for pupils to connect to the touchscreen from their devices. This way the teacher always remains in control.
- Reflect: with this you can enable or disable Reflect on the touchscreen.
- Read more about Prowise Reflect
- AirPlay: allows you to turn AirPlay on and off on the touchscreen.
- Chromecast: allows you to enable and disable Chromecast on the touchscreen.
- Miracast: allows you to enable or disable Miracast on the touchscreen.
- Reflect PIN code: allows you to enable or disable the PIN code needed to connect via Prowise Reflect. If the PIN code is disabled, users do not need to enter a PIN code to share their screen from a device on the large touchscreen.
- AirPlay PIN code: allows you to enable or disable the PIN code required to connect via AirPlay. If the PIN code is disabled, users do not need to enter a PIN code to share their screen from a device on the large touchscreen.
Under 'Central apps' you can specify which apps should be installed on the touchscreens. You can choose from all apps in the Prowise App store.
- Set up forced apps: this allows you to set which apps should be installed on the touchscreen by default. If forced apps are turned on, users will not even be able to install applications from the on-screen app store.
Under 'ProNote' you can manage ProNote settings. This allows you to ensure that users cannot create, export and share ProNote content without permission. This way you are always in control of data. Click on 'Edit' to change the settings.
- ProNote enabled: turn ProNote on or off. If ProNote is switched off, the user cannot open ProNote.
- Save ProNote: turn the option of saving a file on or off
- Exporting ProNote: turn the option to export a file on or off
- ProNote sharing: turn the option of file sharing on or off
- ProNote at start-up: if this option is enabled, the touchscreen will automatically start up in ProNote and not in the Prowise Central Home View
Under 'Power Management' you can set when touchscreens should be turned on or off. For example, this prevents screens from being left on unnecessarily at night.
- Planned activation: you can set when the screen should turn on automatically.
- Planned shutdown: you can set when the screen should turn off automatically.