In order not to damage the anti-reflection layer of the screen, we recommend using only mild detergents. For this we recommend our own Prowise Cleaning kit.
If, for any reason, the Prowise Cleaning kit cannot be used, the other cleaning agent must at least meet the conditions below:
- To protect the anti-reflection coating of the glass and the IR filter, do not use a cleaning agent with an acid PH value. PH value <7 is therefore not allowed.
- An alkaline cleaning solution with a PH value between 7 and 9 is recommended. A cleaning solution with an alkaline PH value >9 should not be used.
General use of the screens during COVID-19:
To prevent the spread of the virus, in addition to cleaning the screen, it is important to wash or disinfect your hands before and after using the touchscreen.
Caution: If a screen is cleaned with a detergent that does not meet the above guidelines, defects in the glass plate and IR filter will not be covered by the warranty.
COVID-19: clean your touchscreen according to WHO guidelines
World Health Organization guidelines recommend using the following products to clean your touchscreen against COVID-19:
- 70-90% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
- 70-90% Ethanol
Follow the steps below to clean your touchscreen with any of the products listed:
- Apply the Ethanol or Isopropyl Alcohol to a microfiber cloth
- Wipe the glass of the Prowise touchscreen with the microfiber cloth in one smooth motion
- Never apply the liquids mentioned directly to the touchscreen.
- Then dry the glass with a dry microfiber cloth